Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Email Received 10/25/09

Hola!
We had some fabulous lessons this week. We met some beautiful families who we´re going to be working with. Last night, we met with a couple who have three boys and neither they nor their children have ever really been taught about God or religion. However, upon meeting us (in the street) and hearing just a bit of our message about how we are all children of God and how He´s sent us tools to help us be successful in this life, the couple became very intrigued and even eager to learn more. So when we met with them last night, we talked about the Book of Mormon. A member of the ward and her daughter came with us to the visit. That sister´s testimony and her participation were so powerful. Together, we told the couple that Jesus Christ came to the Americas and taught His ¨other sheep¨ here. The man was obviously touched by that. He quickly asked, ¨Well, how does one come to know these thing?¨ He wanted to know how to feel the Holy Ghost. He wanted to know how to gain a testimony. What a blessing it was (and is) to be able to look him in the eye and tell him the answer to his question directly. We know the Book of Mormon is true by the power of the Holy Ghost, which power is felt as we kneel in prayer, in sincerity and faith, even if just with the desire to believe. We read Moroni 10:3-7, talked more, and before we left, we knelt as HE offered the closing prayer - having never consciously prayed before. It was truly a beautiful experience.

And HEY!!! Lindsay got her mission call!!!!! I am SO happy for her. That a´ gal Linz! Rock TX! I can´t wait to hear more. And Sis. Reas, thank you so much for your email. I love you and am so grateful for your support. And yes, I am a HUGE fan of that hymn,

Okay, time´s a´runnin´, but I had a few quick fun things I wanted to run by you all:
Randy! Last week, I was walking down the road and from someone´s backyard, I heard blaring: ¨Tuuurn around, look at what you seee-ee-ee-ee-ee...¨ Neverending Story!
Bev! You know the song ¨When we´re helping we´re happy and we sing as we go...¨ and how the second verse is just ¨tra la la la la...¨? Turns out that in Spanish, instead of ¨Tra la la la¨ it´s ¨Tra ra ra ra¨! Maisy had her mutty little paws in on that translation... I laughed so hard when I heard it though.

Everybody! Thank you again for all your support and prayers. Thank you for helping me want to do and be better. I have so so much to work on, and it´s definitely gonna be work. But knowing that I have such an amazing family really really makes an incredible difference. I don´t know if I´ve ever felt so keenly my love and dependance on you all. Thank you so much. I love you very much. And friends too! Thank you all. Really, I am taken back by how blessed my life has been for the caliber of people I´ve been able to associate with. Dandy folk indeed. :)

Grrrracias! Keep on smiling everyone!

Amor,
Hna. Lindquist

No comments:

Post a Comment