Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy Day!

People often ask me how I can smile so much. I learned - and am continually learning that like Capitán Zarahemna of the Book of Mormon, I am so grateful for ¨the sacred word of God, to which we owe all our happiness¨ (Alma 44:5). If it weren´t for the promises of the Lord and the profound doctrine of the Plan of Salvation, I would be a withered frowning glob, instead of a ball of sunshine. And frankly, I very much prefer sunshine balls. Almost as good as popcorn balls! It´s a close call...
Lesson learned: Satan takes good intentions and turns them into destructive contentions. I met a man who was firmly anti-religion. He insisted that people need help, not organizations of religion. He tries everyday to do good things for people and live a Christ-like life. That is good. At the same time, he tries to do it all alone. That is NOT God´s plan. A billion good-hearted, well-meaning people can not save the world if they act strictly on an individual level. Sociality, united effort, and organization based on principles of Christ´s doctrine are essential to doing work that has any sort of long-lasting efficacy. I think in our days, we can´t settle for great accomplishments in technology, medicine, or science. Those are fantastic, but somehow as a people we need more accomplishment in organizing the human resources that we have. In Gospel-speak: we need to be united and apply the God-given gifts of the Spirit each person has and build Zion. Our work is that of salvation and eternal life. I love Heavenly Father´s children; I love my brothers and sisters so much! I know that God is a loving Parent and He´s given us a house in the world and a home in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I hope that all makes sense. It´s the first attempt I´ve made at putting it in words. And now I´ve got myself all worked up. Whew! I need an alfajor.

I LOVE being a missionary. I love learning the Lord´s will and striving to do it. I know that eternal rewards await us as we treasure and take advantage of every passing moment.

THank you all SO MUCH! I wish I could hug you all with the biggest hugs in the world!! All in god time. :)

Smiles and rainbows!

Hermana Lindquist

p.s. Random note from the mission offices: Don´t send packages via UPS or FedEx or anything other than the good ol´ US Postal Service

No comments:

Post a Comment