Monday, June 14, 2010

Goooood Mooooornin´ United States!

This weekend, I learned the meaning of Doctrine and Covenants 18:15. Roberto - the man who stopped us a few weeks back and asked if we could teach him English - was baptized and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. I wish I had words to describe how powerfully moving the experience was. Looking in his eyes, hearing him thank us with all the sincerity of his heart, and seeing him leave the chapel with a huge smiling, stating simply, ¨I feel like my soul is clean¨ - these moments filled my soul, and I wondered if I´d ever felt so happy before. The Priesthood authority that was restored to Joseph Smith is real and saves lives daily. Roberto has a very strong testimony of this, and it´s insiring to see how he and others grab hold to the truths of the restored gospel and rely on them to create and live in ¨a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God.¨

Time´s tickin´. I´ll send ya pic-a-tures next week. Oh hey! Funny moment: in testimony meeting, a sister testified that my words were true. I had done a practice with the members, instructing them how to share the gospel through folletos and copies of the Book of Mormon. At one point, I took on the role of the nonmember friend, receiving the folleto gratefully. That was a few weeks ago. So this testimony meeting, the sister said that her friend received the folleto EXACTLY as I had said she would, with the exact same expressions and words. Haha! I´m just grateful she had the faith to try out the giving. And hey! Maybe I´s gots me a future in acting. Vamos a ver....

So, Brandon´s home?! Heeeeey! I just sent you a letter today, so I hope some day it arrives. That´d be ideal. If not, just know that I think you´re the best and I´m so happy for you and for all the people whose lives you touched. Te quiero mucho!


Thank you all for your everlovin´ care and support. I pray for you always!


Love,
Hermana Lindquist

No comments:

Post a Comment