Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hiya Family!

A short list of some top sights this week: A dead man, a three-legged dog chasing a car, fried meat smeared with mayonaise (actually very common), and an African lion. And yet the best moment was when someone saw a picture of Joseph Smith´s first vision and asked sincerely, ¨Could this be true?¨ Yay for the diversity of the mission!
Pity time doesn´t permit for the many stories and lessons learned in a day, much less a week. Let´s just have a big dinner when I get back and we can talk about everything! For now, the African lion story. In short, we were walking down the road, turned the corner and out of nowhere, flashing lights and a circus tent! A real, ol´ fashioned Dumbo/Big Fish-stlye circus tent with carny trailers and inhumanely caged animals and all! It was one of the biggest, most exciting surprises. We basically screamed with glee (glea?) as we came closer and examined the gaudy signs proclaiming the arrival of the ¨Circo Magico Houdini¨. It was so perfectly movie-like! And then, yes, there was a giant African lion pacing back in forth in a tiny barred cage. I was newly grateful for the quality of life for the animals at the San Diego Zoo.

We had a week of ups and downs and all arounds. We´ve established some new goals for our area, and Hermana Hill and I are so excited to work together and bring help, healing, and happiness to our brothers and sisters in Monte Grande. I´ve decided to start over as if I´m brand new on the mission, but with the advantage of some months of experience (given, I still feel like I know very veeeery little). I reread my call letter and am beginning Preach My Gospel anew. It´s SO good. Read the introduction and think of about planning family home evenings like District Meetings. Good stuff.
I know obedience and humility make us worthy of the blessings of Heaven, and I know that faithful prayer and work are the way to call down that celestial help. I am convinced of the reality of Jesus Christ and His Atonement. I need to study both much more. I wonder if we´ll ever, in all eternity, understand the impact of His immortal sacrifice. I just hope I can live in sincere gratitude to Him forever. I love Jesus Christ and Our Heavenly Father. And I love His children! Sadness and disappointment are dreadful distractions to the supernal peace and joy that God has in store for all those who love Him and desire goodness and righteousness. Look for good. Nourish and cherish it. And ¨keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side; keep on the sunny side of life!¨
Spring is here in Monte Grande, and life is good and beautiful. Fine and dandy!

Thank you for your prayers and support. I love you all so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I´ll never be able to say it enough.

Smiles and rainbows!

Hermana Lindquist

No comments:

Post a Comment