Monday, September 27, 2010

Subject? Like I Need a Subject!


I have no time! But check it out: This week I heard the song ¨Polvo en el Viento¨ while walking in the streets. Yes, Kansas´ ¨Dust in the Wind¨ but in Spanish. Hna Hill and I appreciated that. I ate butter sandwiches the other day. I thought it was cheese. My veins were so sad when they ound out. We trapped the biggest spider of my laugh the other other day - comically big! I didn´t even fear it, it was so big (more like a cartoon).
I dreamed I was in space with some missionaries and there was a musical theatre and aliens that wanted to eat some meat, but I chose mozzarelly pizza (meat and pizza are so Argentine). When I get home, I expect to hear ¨Terra´s Theme¨ from Gone With the Wind. You can mix any random food, put it on top of a crust with a hard boiled egg and make it a ¨traditional¨ Argentine dish. The man who washes our clothes has demanded that we return after the mission and kiss him on the cheek like every other civil person would do. Our rules make us weird, but they protect us. :)
I absolutely love Argentina!

We taught José and Cynthia the message of the Restoration of the Gospel. José felt a fire within him, but had never experienced something like that before, so he was very confused. He actually went to wet his head with cold water. He said he knew that what we were teaching him, about the Book of Mormon especially, was true. He didn´t really understand everything we said (in part for our accents, I´m sure), but he knew that it had to be true. We all looked at him - his wife, mother-in-law, taddling daughters, Hna. Hill and I--surprised and humbled by how strongly he felt the Spirit. And this all within a meeting of about 10 minutes. We are very excited to go back and teach him more about the guidance the Holy Ghost can give him as he makes and keeps sacred committments with his Father in Heaven.
The Church is true. I have read the Book of Mormon, pondered in its message and the way we came to have it in our day, and I know it is true. Joseph Smith truly was a Prophet. There is no doubt in my mind. I look forward to the day when I can personally thank him for his faithful fulfillment of his mission. I hope to serve my mission with as much faith in Christ and His words. It is Christ word´s to which I owe all of my happiness. (Alma 44:5)

This Saturday and Sunday, we get to hear from living prophets! Enjoy!

I love you all oh so much!

Hermana Lindquist

p.s. family, many Argentine families think you are beautiful. VERY beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment