Monday, May 3, 2010

H-h-hey! I loooooove being a missionary!!!

Buen día a todos!
La Plata is just a land of miracles is what it is! Everyday, Hermana Petrick and I are learning so much and we´re finding new and more effective ways to work together and fully dedicate ourselves - our heart, might, mind, strength, and time - to the Lord. And the best part is seeing the blessings that flow from that. I love that scripture that says that by their fruits they shall be known. When we see successes (fruits), we can look to see what factors brought them about. Fruit doesn´t just spring up from nothing! Nothing comes from nothing. I know that obedience to the Lord´s commandments is the only surefire way to reap the fruits He has in store. Just ¨consider the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of the Lord.¨ They really are blessed in all things.
I am so in love with my area - the members, the investigators, the contacts, my neighbors, the dog that just walked by the window - everything! Not to mention that my companion is the best. And hey! I don´t remember if I told you all about Roberto. He´s the one that was riding his bike by and said, ¨Do you speak English?¨.... yeah, I think I told you all. Anyhoo, he´s getting baptized! Then he´s going to receive the Priesthood and be prepared to receive the wealth of blessings and powers that the Lord has prepared for him. And yesterday, the twins (12 year olds) received their confirmation and now they´re preparing to receive the priesthood. The work will march on, independent of any other forces proposed my men, elements, or ungodly stratagems.

I also love Doctrine and Covenants section 4. Especially when the Lord states that in order to serve Him - our Heavenly King of Glory - we just need the desire. From their, we develop attributes that make us more Christlike. From those Christlike attributes, we become true representatives of Him and even our very countenances bear testimony of Him as the Savior and Redeemer, the Fountain of joy and life.
Please, find people for the missionaries to teach. Invite any person anywhere, regardless of how well you do or do not know them, to visit with the missionaries. Offer to accompany the missionaries. If you´re not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I invite you to just talk with a missionary! It´s very simple and easy, and they´ll always treat you with love and respect because truly they are representatives of the Lord. More importantly, I know it will bless your life and you will find more joy and happiness in the things you learn with them than you can in any other place.

Yo sé que el Salvador vive. Sé que La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de Los Últimos Días es Su reino acá en la tierra. Es la única iglesia verdadera. Yo sé que todos pueden saber por sí mismo si estas cosas son verdaderas. Sólo se necesita la oración. Pregúnte a Dios. Él verdaderamente responde ¨abundantamente y sin reproche.¨

Big ol´ ABRAZOS y SONRISAS to you all! I love you and am ever grateful for your love and support and all that you have taught and continue to teach me! (sorry for that poorly constructed sentence. Please just look to the Spirit of it. :) )

Happy week everyone!

Hermana Lindquist

No comments:

Post a Comment