Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Love Missionary Work

It´s the best! Please please please just give someone a Book of Mormon and suggest a part to read. ¨Hey, I want you to have this. And you know what, the chapter that begins on this page is one of my favorites. Give it a gander.¨ Even better if you bear your testimony of the book and invite them to pray to know if it truly comes from God. The Book of Mormon is so powerful. If any person has any sort of desire to know if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true, or to know if Jesus really is the Christ, or to know if Joseph Smith was a Prophet of Go, all you have to do is ask. 1 Nephi 10:19 - The course of the Lord is one eternal round, and He responds to people in our days just as readily and openly as He ever responded to people in times past. And He´ll forever speak to those who will listen (2 Nephi 28:30). I know God lives. And He doesn´t just nap the day away. He lives actively. His Church is a living church. The Prophet receives revelation for the world, and we receive revelation for our personal lives. The channels of revelation are flowing constantly. Tune in!

Argentina is so beautiful. I learned this week that La Plata is the capital of Buenos Aires (province). The soccer team here is Estudiantes. In case you´re wondering... Everyone is very surprised when I tell them that I have no idea what teams are in the U.S. Here, you know the teams.

Hey! Some members made us tacos yesterday because they knew I´m in love with Mexican food. I was soooooo happy. Another woman played mariachi music for us. I never realized how much I love Mexico until I came to Argentina. Huh.

I never know what else to write about the culture side of things. I´m trying to think of things. Number one food: milanesa. Number one drink: Quilmes (beer). Alcohol is so destructive, physically, mentally, and spiritually. I´ve met so many sad sad people who are in the cycle of causing and combatting their problems with alcohol. I would love to see a complete disappearance of booze.
Speaking of vices, I made the most delicious dessert in the world the other day: brownie mix+ ripe banana+milk+chunks of chocolate=unbearably delicious for the majority of South Americans. The Yankees (¨Jhahnkees¨ as they call us here) were big fans.

I´m running on stream of consciousness right now. Sorry that nothing I say makes sense. Working on being a coherent humanoid. I still lack practice.

Today was transfers! I´m staying in La Plata with Hermana Delgado, which is awesome!! Because we are teaching so many wonderful people who really are progressing. They´re looking for answers, and they recognize them when they come. What great blessings!

The Church is true. I know it with all my heart.

I love you all very much and thank you mil veces for your support and love.

Peace, love, and daisies.....and big ol´ smiles all around!

Hermana Lindquist

No comments:

Post a Comment