Tuesday, May 3, 2011

1/31/11

This week in Monte-Monte-Monte Grrrrande:
Miguel Angel got baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There aren´t enough exclamation marks in the world to explain what an amazing miracle his baptism was. He fought harder than anyone I´ve ever seen to be able to get baptized. And he made it! He was so happy afterward, he was literally dancing. The man was soft-shoeing with joy!! I´ve never seen someone actually do that! Hermano Díaz and I sang together at his baptism. Hermano Diaz sings tango professionally, and when he sings dem hymns, it´s sooooulful - Argentinially speaking. He´s moving to a different ward, so this was our grand finale to many months working together. When I get a chance to come back here, we´re cuttin´ an album. Watch for it. :)
Hermana Zapata is rockin´ and a´rollin´. Very driven, cheerful, straightforward, and positive gal. I have been so blessed companion-wise on my mission. They´re all awesome! Those who choose to serve the Lord, if they´ve really made that commitment, can´t help but be awesome. So, there we have it!

One of the many scriptures-of-the-week: DyC43:34-35
¨ these things up in your hearts, and let the Hearken ye to these words. Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. Treasure these things up in your hearts, and let the solemnities of eternity rest upon your minds. Be sober. Keep all my commandments. Even so. Amen.¨
I love that phrase: ¨Solemnities of eternity¨. Makes me think about, well, thinking! Meditation is a big part of learning, and it´s something I´ve been trying to work on in my personal study.

¨The Lord is marching on! (du-du-du-duuu-duu)¨ and His work too! I´m loving Monte Grande and eager to work harder and help more people. SO MANY PEOPLE NEED HELP. That´s why every member is a missionary. Were it just the two people with plaques in every ward, then the work would weaken and wither. I know that the missionary work is for every single one of us who have taken upon us the baptismal covenant to serve our brothers and sisters. And why do we serve? To save! To bless! To get people to be so happy that they dance their way through the chapel and then on to eternal life. Meet ya on the dance floor.....

Thank you very much por absolutamente todo. Gracias por su apoyo, amor, longanimidad, felicidad, y grandes esfuerzos a vivir cada día mejorando. Les amo mucho.

Nos estamos viendo. Besos, abrazos, y armfuls of sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows!!

Hermana Lindquist

No comments:

Post a Comment