Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hello my baby, hello my darlin´, hello my ragtime gaaals (y guys)

We´re working with the members to help them share the gospel more with their loved ones, and we printed out these cutesy little fliers that they´re going to use to write down their references. On the little flier, I typed the following:
¨Y ahora solamente

esperamos oír las alegres nuevas de su venida que nos serán declaradas por la boca de ángeles; porque el tiempo viene, y no sabemos cuán

pronto será…¨ (Alma 13:20)
(¨And now we only wait to hear the joyful news declared unto us by the mouth of angels, of his coming; for the time cometh, we aknow not how soon...¨)
Nice, right? Well, the thing is I put the wrong reference. This scripture I wrote out is in Alma 13:25. I wrote the citation as Alma 13:20, by mistake. It says the following:
¨Now I need not rehearse the matter; what I have said may suffice. Behold, the ascriptures are before you; if ye will bwrest them it shall be to your own destruction.¨
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sounds like we´re threatening the members into giving references. :) Well, if that´s what it takes....

So anyhoo, this week was fantastic. Mostly because, Alejandra is wonderful and I love her and she wants so badly to change her life. It was the first time I set a baptismal date for after my mission. In other words, when she gets baptized, I won´t be there. Sad! BUT, I´ll be able to email her! Happy! Also, this week Estela is getting baptized. Wonderful wonderful day!

¨And now you know, the rest of the story. Goood daay!¨

No comments:

Post a Comment