Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hip Hip Hurray- 1/10/11

Awwwww. Muchísísísímas gracias a todos!
And thanks, Ingersada, for sending the good word along. Twas a good birthday. My companion wrote me a poem. Good ol´ Hermana Norby. She´s awesome.
Highlights of this week:
*Came across a huge, beautiful plumeria tree and the nice woman who owns it offered us a branch and invited us back a different day. I decided I really really love plumeria. That smell...
*Taught a lesson in broken English, pieces of Punjab (from India), and bits of Spanish.
*A woman that Hermana Hill and I had worked with foreeeeever and ended having to stop teaching a few months ago because she never came to church nor made any signs of progress, met a member of our ward at a bus stop this week and ended up coming to church with her on Sunday! And they were both so happy. They both shared strong testimonies of the Lord and His timing.
*There´s a family that Hermana Norby and I have been teaching, but just one member at a time for a few weeks. We finally were able to find them ALL TOGETHER! and the Young Men´s President from our ward accompanied us and the lesson was so pleasant. The father of the family offered what is likely the first prayer his children have ever heard him say. They´ve each expressed to us in private how much they want their family to be united and have good feelings toward one another. This was a huge step for them.

I know that the Lord knows His children. And I know He helps things work out in good time. When President Larsen (¨-on¨?) set me apart to be a missionary, I was counseled to have patience. That is so important. Patience with others, one´s self, with God´s plan, etc.

This week, Hna. Norby and I were talking about how we can not stand the song that has the following lyrics, ¨So we keep waitin´(waitin´), waitin´ on the wooorld to change...¨ It just started playing here in the internet café and it makes me want to shout, ¨Why wait?!¨ I still find great wisdom in Gandhi´s advice to ¨Be the change you wish to see in the world.¨
The Lord revealed the following to Joseph Smith:
¨It is not meet that I (God) should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward. Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness; For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward.¨ (Doctrine and Covenants 58:28, emphasis added.) I LOVE THAT SCRIPTURE! Heavenly Father has given us power to do good. When evil happens, we can´t blame God. He´s given US the power to stop evil and to bring about ¨much righteousness¨. He didn´t create us to be pawns on a giant chess board of chance. We are powerful children of a Divine, Exalted Being whose own power is a result of wise decisions and practice in righteous government. Shouldn´t we be doing the same? I know I need to be a TON better about ´anxiously engaging´ myself in good causes. I´m well aware that many of you are praying for me and the people with whom Hermana Norby and I are working, and we´re trying to work so that the miracles we´re all hoping for come to pass. I know they will. It all depends on how well we follow the counsel of another wise man. Yes, even the pop singer of the 1980´s, George Michael: ¨Ya gotta have faith-a-faith-a-faith. Yeah, ya gotta have faith!¨

I love you UN MONTON! Thank you so much for your unfailing support. What amazing folk!
Many happy times and smiley-smiles to you all!

Hermana Lindskqwueeissksts

random question time!
How much does a dehydrator cost?
Could you possibly email me the Punjab alphabet? If not, that´s okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment