Tuesday, May 3, 2011

¨It ain´t over til it´s oooover...¨

I heard that song in the street and thought, Thaz right, Mr. Motown group!
Honestly, it STILL hasn´t hit me that I´m going home. Everybody keeps telling me I need to get ¨trunky¨ so that I don´t get sad. I dunno, I just keep praying that the Lord will help me make the transition, and I believe He will. For me, one of the great lessons regarding fulltime missionary service, and this life in general, can be summed up as follows:

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing
A time to get, and a time to lose;
A time to keep, and a time to cast away
A time to rend, and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate;
A time of war, and a time of peace.
(Ecclesiastes 3:1-8; ¨Turn, Turn, Turn¨ by the Turtles.)

So, as the Stake President told me and my sister often reminds me, I am on the Lord´s time right now, and will be for another good week. Hooray! Therefore, I´s gots to make it the best week ever!


General Conference = espectactular!


One of my favorite lessons this week was when we taught a boy whose friend, a local member of the Church, invited him to receive the missionary lessons. We sat on a rooftop in a beautiful equestrian training facility and taught about the restored truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He was impressed by the story of Joseph Smith´s humble search for pure truth. When Joseph Smith prayed to know which church was true, he was only 14 years old. The boy we taught is 15, but like Joseph, this boy is mature well beyond his years. He expressed dismay at the ¨mediocrity¨ of a value-less lifestyle and a sincere interest in discovering a solid religious footing on the shifting sands of metaphysical suppositions. (Okay, so he didn´t say it quuuite like that. But he did say ¨mediocrity¨!) :) Point is, this boy is ready, his friend helped him, and now he´s on his way to finding the answers he´s seeking. THAT´s why the gospel is so wonderful. There are answers!
I know the Church is true, and am excited and thrilled to always be an active part of it. Heavenly Father lives. His Son Jesus Christ too. They live for us. What tremendous love They have! Let´s show Them our gratitude by living for Them, and helping our brothers and sisters. That is what we´re here for, after all.


Hugs, smiles, thank yous, and see-ya-later´s,


Hermana Lindquist

No comments:

Post a Comment